What Is the Cox Flexion Distraction Technique?
At Carpe Diem Chiropractic, we believe in using the most innovative treatments possible to ensure our patients always receive the highest quality care. That is why we are proud to offer our patients at both the Fort Lauderdale and Plantation offices Cox Flexion Distraction Therapy treatments. As the name suggests, this therapy was developed by Dr. James Cox as a way to perform non-force adjustments. It is administered on the proprietary Cox® Table—which has moving parts, allowing Dr. Meraz to gently and effectively execute hands-on manipulations to the spine.
These spinal manipulations can be performed on both the upper and lower back, which helps us to better treat a wide range of issues associated with back, leg, neck, and arm pain. The ultimate goal of this treatment is to increase the disc height in between the vertebrae, decompressing the spine and allowing the spinal joints to reach a natural position. As long as they assume a proper alignment, this should restore your range of motion. Many patients not only report the treatment as pain-free but also relaxing, so you can rest easy knowing that you are in good hands.
5 potential benefits of Cox Flexion Distraction Therapy include:
- Improved range of motion: Having healthy range of motion in the back, hips, neck, shoulders, arms, and legs helps you move through the world more easily. As the Cox Flexion Distraction treatment progresses, you should notice an improvement in your range of motion throughout your joints.
- Reduced pressure on spinal nerves: The nerves in your spinal cord run through the openings between the vertebrae and play a crucial part in your overall health. When tension or pressure on these nerves is present, it can lead to stiffness in the body, numbness, cramping, weakness in the limbs, and more. This therapy works to relieve that pressure and restore overall function.
- Improved posture: By keeping your spine in proper alignment, your bones and muscles will interact more naturally, allowing for improved posture as well as improved breathing and digestion.
- Improved circulation: Proper blood circulation is what allows your body to function at its best. Once you’ve undergone some level of treatment, your spine will be in a more natural position, allowing blood to flow easier.
- Reduced pain: Increasing circulation, decreasing pressure, and maintaining healthy alignment are all ways to reduce pain in the body, and as stated, the Cox Flexion Distraction Therapy has shown to help in all of those areas.
The staff was very friendly and professional. Most importantly, all of the different therapy and adjustment procedures are second to none! Enjoyed every second I was here. Will schedule many more!Juan H.
Schedule your next spinal adjustment with the exceptional care of Carpe Diem Chiropractic.
Whether you are seeking treatment at our Fort Lauderdale location or our Plantation one, you can count on a relaxing environment, skilled and friendly professionals, and a personalized treatment plan based on your specific needs and goals. If after your free initial consultation, it is deemed that the Cox Flexion Distraction Therapy would be useful, we will walk you through the process and answer any questions you may have to ensure you can make the most informed decision possible.
We Find the Root of The Problem and Create a Customized Care Plan
We Spend Time with Our Patients - All Appointments Are 1 Hour
We Are Passionate About Helping People & Natural Healing
Dr. Barak Meraz Is a Board-Certified Chiropractor
Board-Certified ChiropractorView Profile